Let your teaching career take flight!
CPD Portal is a modern South African online learning platform that connects professional instructors to students through world-class online training. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to progress through technology and develop the skills needed for tomorrow.
To support social distancing efforts, we specialize in online video courses at affordable rates. In the current economic climate, it is also becoming more and more critical that students can further their knowledge or obtain continuing professional development (CPD) points without impacting their working time negatively. Our online courses offer students the opportunity to study at their preferred times outside of regular working hours.
Let’s get started
If you have your own training material, either CPD accredited or not, and you are looking for additional training opportunities, we have the perfect online training platform to suit your needs. You start with your passion and knowledge. Then choose a topic and plan your lectures in Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint or your favorite notebook. You get to teach the way you want — even create courses to inspire more students.
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with CPD Portal, regardless of whether another CPD Portal subsidiary facilitates payments to you.
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information.
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights.
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
- Should you have accredited courses / content, your accreditation certificate must first be verified by our staff before it will be published.
- Unaccredited courses don’t need to be verified before being published on the platform.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse CPD Portal resources, including support services.
2. License to CPD Portal
CPD Portal will however not change or update any content or information of the course as given by the instructor except to ensure that paid students gain accessibility to the paid for content should there be any technical problems, Should any content be changed for technical reasons CPD Portal will obtain the permission from the Instructor.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, CPD Portal’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) CPD Portal’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant CPD Portal permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or CPD Portal’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by CPD Portal’s Trust and Safety Policy and Restrict Topics Policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by CPD Portal from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to CPD Portal’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on CPD Portal or bring CPD Portal into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates CPD Portal’s policies; or
- as determined by CPD Portal in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The CPD Portal platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your CPD Portal account and courses. CPD Portal is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings as of the date of the purchase.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the CPD Portal platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the CPD Portal platform. You will indemnify CPD Portal against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint CPD Portal and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses. You grant CPD Portal and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course, alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free.
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate. Instructors will be paid their share of that purchase based on the exchange rate of the date the course was bought.
You give us permission in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount received by CPD Portal from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract, a 20% administrative and handling fee to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
Your revenue share will be 100% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
CPD Portal makes all instructor payments in South Africa Rands (ZAR) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in South African Rand) and your converted revenue amount (in ZAR).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayFast or Paypal account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation necessary for payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made at the end of the each month. Instructors who register 10 days prior to the last day of the month, will only be paid on the next payment date.
We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your CPD Portal courses or your participation on CPD Portal; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
Instructions on how to delete your instructor account are available in our knowledge base. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via our support.
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and CPD Portal reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
8.2 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to CPD Portal), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 8 (Deleting Your Account), and 9 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
9. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
By applying/accepting to become a Instructor for CPD Portal, you automatically agree to the terms and conditions that is set in the Terms of Instructor.